Your Gas Gauge Tells You More Than When You’re Running On Empty
It’s something that you probably don’t notice on most days, but it trips you up when it’s time to fill up the gas tank. You can never remember which side of you car your gas tank is, so you play gas station ballet to get your car pulled to the correct pump.
Rumors have long abounded that the handle of the gas tank icon pointed to the gas tank. Like a car industry secret shrouded in mystery, no one knew and not many noticed. Most people simply had to remember which side of the car the tank was on.
It’s no longer a secret. There is an indicator on your dashboard instrument panel that tells you exactly where your gas tank is located, so you never have to second guess when pulling into the filling station.
Take a look at your gas gauge the next time you get in the car. Do you see the little arrow next to the gas tank icon? That little arrow points to the side of the car your gas tank is located. Arrows that point to the left indicate the gas tank is on the driver side of the car, and likewise, arrows the point to the right show the tank on the passenger side.
Check your car to see if you have this neat feature, it’s true for some cars, but not true for all.
- Study: Teens Are Better At Texting & Driving Than Adults
- Steve Kemble’s Secret Eggnog Recipe
- Guy Finds Women With Same Last Name As His Ex For Month Long Vacation
- Jay Z & Beyonce Outbid for L.A. Mansion By the Minecraft Guy
- This Is What Santa Would Look Like If He Was Into High Fashion
- The 14 Most Extreme Plastic Surgeries of 2014
- The Nude Rowers Who Do A Calendar Every Year Are Doing A Full Frontal Film
- Beyonce Sent Out The Best Holiday Cards This Year
- 2014 In Review: Weddings, Deaths & Final Acts
- Are You Ready for Beyoncé’s Christmas Card?