The Best White Bean Chicken Chili!
It’s no secret I love to cook and I love to eat just as much. This time of year, as much as I love the sun and warmer weather, I love to find great dishes that are tasty, easy and fun for the season. I have a fabulous white bean chicken chili that I am absolutely addicted to and keep making. I can’t get enough. I apologize this is just being posted, but trust me it is worth the wait. This is a perfect dish to put together and enjoy in front of the fireplace while watching TV. Hope you enjoy!
If you love chili you are going to really dig this white bean chicken chili and it’s super easy to make!
Let me know what you think!
WHITE BEAN CHICKEN CHILI
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 bunch scallions, white and green parts, sliced (about 3/4 cup)
• 3 cloves garlic, chopped
• 1/2 to 1 jalapeno, stemmed, seeded and chopped
• 1 tablespoon chili powder
• Kosher salt
• 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
• 1 18-ounce bag frozen yucca, thawed, or 2 medium baking potatoes, peeled and cut into medium chunks (I used baking potatoes)
• 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen and thawed
• 2 carrots, cut on bias into 1-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
• 1 to 2 chipotles in adobo sauce, sliced (easy to find in grocery store in hispanic food section in cans)
• 1/2 rotisserie chicken, skinned and shredded into large pieces
• 1 19-ounce can white beans, drained and rinsed
• 1/2 cup packed fresh cilantro, chopped
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the scallions, garlic, jalapeno, chili powder and 2 teaspoons salt and cook until soft, about 2 minutes. Add the chicken broth, yucca, corn, carrots and chipotles and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce to a simmer and cook until the yucca is tender, about 15 minutes. Stir to break up the yucca and thicken the broth slightly.
Add the chicken and beans and cook, stirring occasionally, to heat and thicken, about 10 minutes. Stir in the cilantro before serving. I also added a few sliced of Avocado on top before serving! GREATNESS!