All-American Recipes For The Fourth Of July
Americans love to eat, so’ food‘ and ‘The Fourth‘ are two words that definitely go together.
While celebrating Independence Day this year, try one of these five delicious recipes inspired by the United States of America, for and from Americans!
1) Mamie Eisenhower’s Million Dollar Fudge
- 4.5 cups sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tall can evaporated milk
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate bits
- 12 ounces German-sweet chocolate
- 1 pint marshmallow cream
- 2 cups nutmeats
- Boil the sugar, salt, butter, evaporated milk together for six minutes.
- Put chocolate bits and German chocolate, marshmallow cream and nutmeats in a bowl. Pour the boiling syrup over the ingredients.
- Beat until chocolate is all melted, then pour in pan.
- Let stand a few hours before cutting.
**The is recipe is better the second day. Store in tin box.**
Recipe from eisenhower.archives.gov.