Mavs Parade Tomorrow
The Dallas Mavericks parade celebrating their NBA Championship will be at 10am tomorrow, beginning at the Dallas Convention Center and ending at the American Airlines Center.
Dallas City Officials are expecting upwards of 250,000 people, many to start lining up hours before the parade begins, so plan ahead for travel and weather conditions.
The Mavs “Beat the Heat” in Miami, but now fans will literally need to be beat the heat with a forecast of 99 degrees in Dallas tomorrow.
The parade will begin at the Dallas Convention Center, at Young and Griffin streets downtown, will head west on Young Street to Union Station, then north on Houston Street past Dealey Plaza, and continue onto Continental and Victory avenues to end at the American Airlines Center.
Dallas officials are urging people to take public transportation. DART plans to add trains to its light-rail system and have 50 buses at the AAC to get people to nearby rail stations after the event. For fans coming from Fort Worth, they can take the Trinity Railway Express to one of two stations along the parade route — Victory Station near American Airlines Center, or Union Station closer to the beginning of the route.
- Arrive early, use public transportation, go to www.dart.org.
- Bring lots of water, a hat, and sunscreen.
- Fans may line up at the barricades at 7 a.m.
- Streets close at 8 a.m.
- Parade begins at 10 a.m. the Dallas Convention Center and ends at 11 a.m. at the AAC.
- Celebration continues around Victory Plaza after the parade.
- Downtown commuters might want to work from home.