Mavericks Parade Scheduled For Thursday Morning
The highly-anticipated parade to celebrate the Dallas Mavericks winning the NBA Championship title will be Thursday morning. Although details have not been announced yet, Mark Cuban has confirmed that he will be financing the parade.
[photogallerylink id=43074 align=right]
Due to the enormity of a Championship parade in a big city like Dallas, planning had begun on the parade before the Mavs beat the Miami Heat in Game 6. Since many sports fans’ tend to be superstitious, city officials did not let the news get out. There are plenty of procedures and guidelines to follow for a large parade, so the officials were planning ahead to get the Mavs parade up and running ASAP!
Below are just a few of the guidelines for a parade in Dallas. To read the rest, go to dallasspecialevents.com
- The Mavs Championship Parade would be categorized as a Mega Event– defined at a minimum 20,000 expected attendance and occur in CBD (expected attendance as estimated by the Dallas Police Department)
- All sports celebration parades will occur on a weekday.
- A parade may occur no less than 48 hours after it is announced.
- For all large and mega parades, planners should provide (through established media vehicles) an awareness program to include broadcast of event schedule, parade route, first aid locations, public transport locations, restroom facilities, handicap areas and parade ‘rules’ no less than 24 hours prior to the parade.
- No candy or materials may be thrown from parade participants to spectators along the parade route. The distribution of gifts, merchandise, literature or other materials along the parade route is prohibited.