I love Memorial Day weekend.
For me it officially kicks off Summer and the outdoor socializing season.
One of my all time favorite treats for this weekend is actually an amazing Chilean recipe.
If you LOVE avocados, you are going to LOVE this recipe!
Growing up in San Diego, CA I was spoiled with the best avocados in the world!
I also was spoiled with ridiculously gorgeous weather and grilling out.
That is why I LIVE for this time of year!
This is the weekend that kicks it all off and I had to share one of my all-time favorite recipes that I promise you will LOVE if you give ‘em a shot!
• 8 bun-length hot dogs
• 8 hot dog buns
• Mayonnaise, to taste (I do NOT use Mayo on anything, but if you like you should)
• Ketchup, to taste
• Mustard, to taste
• Hot sauce, to taste
• 2 medium ripe tomatoes, seeded, chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
• 1 small white onion, finely chopped
• 2 ripe, Fresh Hass Avocados, seeded, peeled, chopped and mashed
• 2 limes, juiced
Salt, to taste
1. Grill hot dogs over medium-hot coals until lightly browned. Open hot dog buns and grill flat.
2. On each hot dog bun, spread mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard; add hot sauce.
3. Place hot dogs on each dressed bun and top with tomato, onion and avocado. Sprinkle with a little lime juice and salt. Serve.
The Hass Avocado-tomato-onion combination in this recipe also works well on veggie dogs and veggie burgers, hamburgers and more.