Prom is coming up, so Kimberly Schlegel Whitman has etiquette advice for you to pass on to your kids for the big night.
Prom etiquette from Kimberly Schlegel Whitman:
- Always walk up to the door to pick up a date.
- Corsages are out of style, but still show up with a bouquet of flowers.
- Let your parents help out and be a part of the pre-prom festivities. Everyone’s parents are embarrassing, not just yours.
- Whoever did the inviting should pay. If the guy asked the girl, he should pay. If the girl asked the guy, he should pay.
- Don’t leave your date alone! If you made a commitment to attend with someone, spend the evening with them.