Top 5 Single Ladies Songs For Valentine’s Day
Ladies, you know what it’s like.
You’re watching this holiday inch closer and all you see are hearts, flowers, chocolates and love.
The single ladies of Power 98 want you to know one thing: you aren’t alone!
So we’ve put together this list of the top 5 empowering single ladies songs.
Put these on repeat, enjoy a class of wine Valentine’s night and remember… you don’t need a man to depend on.
It’s no surprise most of these songs will be sung by women. And you know what the men will say, “they’re just trippin, they need us.” Well I’m here to remind you it’s entirely okay to be Miss Independent. So here we go…
5. [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Pussycat Dolls[/lastfm] – I Don’t Need A Man
- Provocative, yet extremely fitting. Sing it girls! “I don’t need a man to make it happen / I get off being free / I don’t need a man to make me feel good / I get off doing my thing / I don’t need a ring around my finger / To make me feel complete / So let me break it down / I can get off when you ain’t around”
4. [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Blaque [/lastfm]- I’m Good
- Blast from the past with this group. Remember the movie Honey with Jessica Alba? This song graced the main track of the soundtrack. “Cause even if I leave alone, I’m good / And even if you come along, I’m good / Don’t mean a thing to me cause, I’m good / With or without you”
3. [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Gloria Gaynor[/lastfm] – I Will Survive
- I bet you read this and immediately starting singing it in your head. This has been the anthem since its release in 1978. Turn your speakers up with this one and scream it at the top of your lungs. “But now I hold my head up high / And you see me somebody new / I’m not that chained up little person still in love with you / And so you feel like droppin’ in / And just expect me to be free / Now I’m savin’ all my lovin’ for someone who’s lovin’ me”
2. [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Destiny’s Child[/lastfm] – Independent Women
- It was a hard decision to decide between this DC hit and their other obvious strong “Survivor” but in the end, this won. But don’t worry, you’ll see the other soon enough. “All the women who are independent / Throw your hands up at me / All the honeys who makin’ money / Throw your hands up at me / All the mommas who profit dollas / Throw your hands up at me / All the ladies who truly feel me / Throw your hands up at me”
1. [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Beyonce [/lastfm]- Single Ladies
- Too obvious? “I need no permission, did I mention / Don’t pay him any attention / Cause you had your turn / But now you gonna learn / What it really feels like to miss me”
And our honorable mention? I told you it would come back…
[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Destiny’s Child[/lastfm] – Survivor