Top 5 Boom Box Worthy Love Songs
If you haven’t seen “Say Anything” by John Hughes, I suggest you rent it this Valentine’s Day.
Maybe men aren’t too fond of it seeing as though John Cusack pretty much planted the seed in female thinking of how men really should woo a girl, but even so.
Sometimes we just want our guy standing outside with a boom box (or an iHome, it is 2011) blasting a cheesy love song. Well guys, here are a few selections.
5. [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Shania Twain[/lastfm] – From This Moment On
- It’s possible this was your wedding song. Or you want it to be your wedding song. Or you want it to play during your wedding. Either way, this song is a must for any boombox worthy love song list. “I give my hand to you with all my heart / Can’t wait to live my life with you / can’t wait to start / You and I will never be apart / My dreams came true because of you”
4. [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]The Righteous Brothers[/lastfm] – Unchained Melody
- Patrick Swayze. Demi Moore. Ghost. I’ve never wanted to learn pottery more in my life. And any woman who’s ever seen the movie will agree. “Are you still mine / I need your love / I need your love / God speed your love to me”
3. [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]NSYNC[/lastfm] – This I Promise You
- How can we not feature a boyband when we’re talking about love songs? It seems like that’s all they write sometimes. Well of all of them, the favorite has to be this one. “I’ll be your strength / I’ll give you hope / Keeping your faith when it’s gone / The one you should call / Was standing here all along”
2. [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Bryan Adams[/lastfm] – Everything I Do
- I mean, what else is there to say? Who doesn’t know this song? And every word. What? Just me? “There’s no love like your love / And no other could give more love / There’s nowhere unless you’re there / All the time all the way”
1. [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Peter Gabriel [/lastfm]- In Your Eyes
- If you’ve seen Say Anything and you can remember him standing outside holding up his beat up old boombox this is the song that has to come to mind. Well, it was the song that was blaring out to Ione Skye after all. “In your eyes / The light the heat / In your eyes / I am complete”
I hope you’ve taken notes, gentlemen. We’ll all be patiently waiting to hear music outside our windows on Valentine’s Day!