Kimberly Schlegel Whitman Talks About Picking A Wedding Dress
Kimberly Schlegel Whitman has some great tips on how to pick the perfect wedding dress!
Tips on picking your perfect wedding dress from Kimberly Schlegel Whitman’s blog:
- After you are engaged, start browsing through the bridal magazines and tearing out images of dresses that you like. You might notice a pattern in the styles, designers, and cuts that you are pulling.
- Be sure to try on all of the different shapes and cuts that the professionals at the bridal boutiques suggest. Even though you may think a trumpet style will not work on your body shape, the pros are experienced and their knowledge and ideas might surprise you! Be open-minded and make it fun!
- Gowns can take anywhere from four to ten months to deliver and you might need to leave time in there for fittings and alterations as well. Be sure to shop early and explain your deadlines to your boutique sales team.
- Make an appointment. Most Bridal Boutiques work by appointment only so set aside some time and book an hour or so at a few different places.
- Set a budget before you shop! Ask the shops for the price range of the dresses they sell when you call to make an appointment.
- Take your trusted taste makers with you but believe in your own reactions too. Invite your mom, sisters, bridesmaids, or friends to go with you when you first try things on but don’t let them talk you into something that just isn’t you.
- Take shoes that are similar to the heel height you plan on wearing on your big day. They really do make a difference! After you select your dress and purchase your wedding day shoes, take them with you to your fittings so that the length can be measured appropriately.
- Take photographs! Ask your mom or bridesmaid to take photographs of you in the dresses that you are considering. They will help you look back and remember the little details that made one dress stand out from the others.
- Don’t buy on your first visit. Think about the dresses that are your top choices and sleep on it. Go back and try them on a second time before you place your order.
- Keep the dress style appropriate to the time, season, style and location of your wedding. A ball gown is not going to look right at the beach!
For more bridal tips, you can order Kimberly’s book, Wedding Workbook: A Time Saving Guide for the Busy Bride.
In 27 Dresses, Katherine Heigl wears twenty-seven bridesmaid dresses and helps twenty-seven brides pick out their dresses before she finally gets to pick her own:
Prom movie trailer