It’s National Manners Month!
Kimberly Schlegel Whitman reminds us that manners don’t just count inside, but also outside at the State Fair.
Here are a few tips for following proper State Fair etiquette from Kimberly Schlegel Whitman’s blog:
- What to wear- The short-shorts Daisy Duke look is what NOT to wear to the State Fair. Pair some cowgirl boots with a sundress and a cardigan if the weather is cool for the perfect cute, fair look!
- How to eat finger foods- Be sure to have lots of napkins, chew with your mouth closed, and throw your trash in a trash bin. The State Fair can be chaotic and sometimes simple manners are hard to follow.
- Wait patiently- If you feel an elbow in your back or a stomp on your foot, instead of reacting, just let it go and keep your composure. The line will shorten and everyone will eventually reach the front, but if you make a fuss getting there, the end experience will not be as enjoyable.
Watch the very classy [lastfm]Brook White [/lastfm] performing Let It Be at the State Fair of Texas Sunday September 26, 2010:
- Kimberly Schlegel Whitman Passes On Tips For National Manners Month
- The Great Ketchup On A Corn Dog Debate, Round Two