Happy birthday to [lastfm]Adam Sandler[/lastfm]. The actor-comedian turns 44 today!
Sandler began a stand-up career while in college, landed some television roles and then scored his dream gig on Saturday Night Live. He went on to star in such classic comedies as Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison, Big Daddy, The Waterboy and The Wedding Singer.
- Michelle Williams – After getting her start on TV’s Dawson’s Creek, the Montana native was nominated for a Best Supporting Actress Oscar for Brokeback Mountain in 2006. She’s also appeared in Halloween H20: 20 Years Later, Dick, Shutter Island and Deception. She has a daughter by Heath Ledger, with whom she was living when he died in 2008. (Age: 30)
- Nikki DeLoach – The former Mickey Mouse Club cast member — who had a five-year relationship with fellow castmember J-C Chasez (who went on to join ‘N Sync) — continues to act. She was a member of the defunct girl group Innosense, which for a time also included Britney Spears in its ranks. (Age: 31)
- Michael Buble – Singer
- Rachel Hunter – TV personality (Are You Hot?, The Real Gilligan’s Island, Dancing With the Stars)-model-Rod Stewart’s -ex-star of Fountains of Wayne’s “Stacy’s Mom” video (Age: 41)
- Constance Marie (Lopez) – Actress (Selena; T-V’s George Lopez, Santa Barbara and Dirty Dancing) (Age: 45)
- Hugh Grant – Actor (Four Weddings and a Funeral, Notting Hill, Bridget Jones’ Diary, Love Actually) (Age: 50)
- Tom Wopat – Actor (TV’s The Dukes of Hazzard) and singer (Age: 59)
- Joe Theismann – Since retiring from football, the Heisman Trophy winner, College Football Hall of Famer, two-time Pro Bowl quarterback, and Super Bowl winner (and loser) has been a football analyst, first for ESPN and now for the NFL Network. (Age: 61)
- Richard Roundtree – Actor (Shaft, Shaft’s Big Score, Shaft in Africa, T-V’s Shaft and the 2000 Shaft remake, though this time not in the title role) (Age: 68)
- Otis Redding (1941 – 1967) – The soul music legend wrote and recorded “Respect,” “Try a Little Tenderness” and “Dock of the Bay,” the first posthumous number-one hit of the rock era. He died in a plane crash, December 10th, 1967, during a Midwest tour. He was 26.
- Cliff Robertson – He received a Best Actor Oscar in 1969 for Charly. Other notable roles include playing John F. Kennedy in P-T 109 and “Ben Parker” in Spider Man and Spider Man 2. (Age: 85)
- Colonel Harlan Sanders (1890 -1980) – He started to franchise his recipe after his Corbin, Kentucky restaurant was bypassed by an interstate. By age 75, when he sold out to an investment group, his chain grew to 600 locations and has since grown to thousands. Sanders was named a Kentucky Colonel in 1930 for his “contributions to the state’s cuisine.”
Last Train Home – movie trailer: